These fusion lights up the whole gustatory system. Jalapeno chilies are well named. Capsicum, which creates the pepper's heat, comes from the Greek word kapos, 'to bite'. We like little pecks of heat so we choose our peppers accordingly.
As the new Jalapeño Popper it has:
- big crunch
- little pecks of heat
- tangy, slightly salty taste
These healthy olives are sublime:
- chopped up for a great twist to salsas, sandwiches, quesadillas, scrambled eggs,
- to ramp up a Bloody Mary or Martini,
- on any pasta dish.
Don’t toss that liquid! Tassos® special brine is the tastiest and lowest sodium olive juice available.
The green olives of Halkidiki were registered as a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) product in 2012 by the European Union.
- PDO positively accentuates and influences the plant’s genetics and epigenetics.
- The authenticity and origin are guaranteed and legally protects against imitation or inferior quality.
- This designation protects unique heritage, character and the reputation of historical/cultural foods.
- We develop a greater appreciation of the importance of regional and specialty foods.
Our Halkidiki green olives are grown and harvested in the PDO region of Halkidiki, Greece yet do not carry the PDO seal. The reason being that all stuffings must also be PDO and we prefer our Jalapenos from Mexico and they are not a designated PDO crop.